Main Areas of Neurosurgeryhttps://neurosurgery.info.hu/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/idegsebeszet_eng.jpg
Neurosurgery is an operative field of medicine, dealing with the operable diseases of various parts of the nervous system, including:
- brain (e.g. brain tumors, hydrocephalus, etc.) see brain surgeries
- skull around the brain (but not e.g. face, nose, eye, oral cavity, gorge, throat, ears) (See brain surgeries)
- spine/disc (e.g. disc herniation or “slipped disc”, spondylolisthesis, vertebra fracture, spinal tumors, metastatic tumors, (but not e.g. scoliosis) (See spinal surgeries)
- spinal cord (e.g. tumors) (See spinal surgeries)
- nerves (trigeminal neuralgia, peripheral nerve compressions e.g. “carpal-tunnel syndrome ”)
- other rare diseases (e.g. developmental disorders).